Blog Header

Blog Header

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

September is Fading Fast

After work, since I feel like there is some life and time after work, I took myself outside to my favorite comfortable chair in the backyard to read a bit and have some wine. It's so hot today but despite the heat it's peaceful to sit & listen to well.....to nothing except the breeze in the trees, the cicadas humming away and of course an occasional bark from Eleanor. Like me, the girls are enjoying their time, slowly meandering around the yard discovering what critters passed thru during the day. 
I'm thinking how the days of doing this are fading fast. 
The leaves are already turning colors and falling. 
The flowers are still lovely but passed their peak. 
I'm determined to take full advantage of all these days of autumn. 
Maybe I'll have a little more wine 
and enjoy one more chapter of The Shell Seekers before I head in with the girls. 

This was about a week ago




Today



No comments:

Post a Comment