Blog Header

Blog Header

Monday, April 1, 2013

Fiestaware

I have a bit of an obsession with glass. I'm not particular about what form it takes either. Let's talk about Fiestaware shall we.
I first fell in love with it 20 years ago at a bohemian type B&B where I was staying.  We were sitting outside under a beautiful green market umbrella with an  array of colored napkins and mix and match glasses and out comes breakfast on Fiestaware. I'm not sure whether I was drooling over the dishes or the homemade blueberry pancakes....probably both. My plate was pink...how did she know that was my favorite color?......actually I have many favorite colors but I was pleased it was pink.
So my daughter in law (the Kindle giver) found 4 dinner plates at a thrift store recently and then proceeded to ask me if I wanted them. Duh....Yeah! So it began. I am slowly (painfully slow actually) purchasing sets. I marvel at it every day when I see them sitting in our hutch. Oh Joy! Can they really be mine?! Oh yes they are!
My poor husband tho.....the whole mix and match thing....he just doesn't get it.... yet.
He still wants bowls and plates to match...poor thing. He'll come around eventually.


No comments:

Post a Comment