Blog Header

Blog Header

Sunday, April 7, 2013

History Question

I heard this question posed yesterday on an interview and my initial thought was well that's not a difficult question. Which it isn't because most of us probably could come up with something quickly. But when I stopped for a moment to think about it...true to form... I thought of so many things. I love history and to be able to witness those remarkable moments in time would be a dream for many of us. But then one thing in my mind  was shouting at me, letting me know that this would be my answer. I would love to spend one day, one week, one year with Mother Teresa.
She didn't do what she did to win peoples approval.
She didn't do what she did for political gain.
She didn't do what she did to move up the ranks for a career.
She had an unadulterated love of people in her heart that might never be rivaled in our life time.
She was fortunate to touch so many lives but I want to applaud the millions of people who do go above and beyond in their everyday lives, and like Mother Teresa, don't expect anything back.
Kindness can never be overdone in my book.

“Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.”



No comments:

Post a Comment