Blog Header

Blog Header

Friday, July 5, 2013

Vintage Quilts

Take a look and be envious! No really! These are some of the most beautifully handmade vintage quilts. A friend of my collected them.....well she collected ALOT of things and this was one of her many collections. Karen and Peter had a Bed & Breakfast in Covington, Kentucky called The Carneal House. I was privileged to stay there so many times and sleep under a lot of these quilts.
What a treat to pick and choose which one to snuggle under for the night.
 
Fabulous right?
The third one gives you an idea what the quilt looked like.
All the floral squares are hand embroidered.
The one on the left was my go to quilt. Unfortunately the picture
doesn't do it justice.
I love this take on the Pinwheel pattern.
Sigh.......
I'm not sure of the name for this one.
If you do let me know please.

No comments:

Post a Comment