Blog Header

Blog Header

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sunday Afternoon

In an attempt to keep an active 4 year old happy today I decided to walk over to the park. We stopped at the playground where my son Adam joined us for trips down the slide and a few trips crawling through the tubes to get over the wiggly bridge. Since my grandson still had 10 times the energy of both of us I decided a walk was in order. Adam and I started talking about how the park had changed since he was little and I asked him if he remembered (which he didn't) the piece of farm equipment that had never been removed and had literally sunk into the ground.
It was a mission....I had to find it!
And then there is was still sitting there 30 years later. Exactly as I remembered it.
The barn and out buildings are long gone but a lot of the foundation remains. He actually found the spot where the silo stood. We have no idea what this John Deere equipment was used for though.
 
 
 
 
 
So after getting stuck by thorns and climbing over branches and through brush this was our reward when we got back to the park. Adam looked up and we all took a moment to revel in a beautiful Autumn sky.
The grandson, uncle and grandma were ready to call it a day.
Dear husband was home making ribs and homemade latkes.
 How nice was that!

 
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment