Blog Header

Blog Header

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Bridal Wreath & Peonies


I drive by these beauties every day so when I was walking dear Eleanor after work I decided to take some pictures for you.
When I was growing up bridal wreath hedges were abundant and I was lucky to have one adjacent to my home. We used to play inside the cover of these wonderful bushes and play hide and seek as well in them. We would weave wreaths out of them too. Such idyllic days those were.
Peonies were abundant too. From white to burgundy and  all shades of pink between.
 They weren’t like the beautiful Japanesse Peony in this picture but equally lovely. I remember them in a vase on the piano and the fragrance filled the room. I inherited that cut glass vase and no matter what flowers I put it I still see my mom’s peonies. 






No comments:

Post a Comment