Blog Header

Blog Header

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Anticipation of Autumn

This has been a fabulous spring and summer. Overall it has been cooler than normal which is right up my alley. My flowers have been amazing, my first garden in I don’t know in how many years has over all been good and I have enjoyed sitting outside on my newly refinished vintage chair more than I expected I would.

But the best is yet to come……

Fall is around the corner. I am longing for the colors and smells of autumn. It is by far my favorite time of year. Everything is crisp, clear and it seems more settled. You’re not rushing to get everything you wanted to do in the warm weather done. Kids are lining up in the mornings for school buses, all the yard work is winding down, routines become part of life again. I begin to think about the comfort foods for dinners that in the heat don’t even sound appealing. It’s time to pull out The Pioneer Womans’ cookbook and try a new recipe of hers. ALSO…..this year I will make Julia’s Beef Bourguignon.

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment