Blog Header

Blog Header

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Rocks

Rocks

I am slightly obsessed with rocks. I have buckets of rocks, baskets of rocks, big rocks in my gardens, rocks in my indoor water fountain......I think you get the idea.


 I have taken a kayak on Lake Laura and collected rocks from the shore until it was hard to get it back to the dock. Unload them, carry them up the hill to the car. When I got home and saw how beautiful they were my only regret was not getting more.
I know I'm a dork.
I have hiked the foothills of the Rockies with a back pack and collected as I went....not my best idea...I had to have my sister send them to me. Soooo when I got to the Post Office to pick them up the woman said " What did someone send you....rocks?" I was somewhat slow to answer her. Hey, they advertise whatever you can get in the box for a flat rate! I fail to see what the problem was.
 
I am in the process of training my grandson to appreciate them....
 much to my daughter in laws horror.

No comments:

Post a Comment