Blog Header

Blog Header

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

The Accidental Empress

In 2014 I was in Vienna. I know....so amazing! Sometimes my memory takes me back and sometimes a book will. Friend Earlene suggested a book that she thought I might enjoy and thus my journey back to Austria began. We were able to walk through the castle where the Empress (Sisi) lived and see what compromised her daily life. There were reproductions of dresses she wore which are just magnificent. Being a seamstress I can't even imagine the work involved in the making of them. 
Well, my friend was right about the book. It was an incredibly good read. I found myself reading slowly because I didn't want the book to end. I finished it several days ago and I can only hope there will be a sequel to it in the future. 



No comments:

Post a Comment