Blog Header

Blog Header

Monday, June 17, 2013

Game of Thrones etc.....

One of my sons is totally immersed in the HBO series Game of Thrones. After hearing about how excited he was that the third season was going to begin I thought it was high time I started to read the books. So I am currently on the second book and I know why he feels the way he does. I was hooked immediately. I read on my lunches, at workout, before bed and basically whenever I can snatch a few minutes to see what the characters will do next.
If you haven’t started following the Game of Thrones saga take a look at it. If you do let me know what you thought!
Sometimes I want imagine being in the middle of the action when I read however......... I just want to observe on this one!
If you’ve read it you no doubt know what I mean.
Here are a couple books participation would be a must.

 I would love to be in Holly Springs visiting with Fr. Tim and Cynthia in Jan Karon’s Mitford series

I would like to put on a pair of cowboy boots and hang out in San Celina with Benni Harper and Gabe Ortiz in Earlene Fowlers Benni Harper Mysteries

Oh…..I would love to stay at Elm Creek Manor and quilt with the very best of quilters in the Jennifer Chiaverini's Elm Creek Quilters books. Think of all the wonderful ideas and help I could get !

And of course I will need to be in Rosamunde Pilchers books about Scottland. I would love to meet  Elfrida Phipps in Winter Solstice.  Or Penelope Keeling in The Shell Seekers.

I really could go on for a very long time here but I’ll spare you for now.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment