Blog Header

Blog Header

Sunday, June 23, 2013

My Favorite Things


Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens are beautiful and cute but…..
here is my take on the song!

Raindrops on roses--raindrops on roses with a itty bitty frog
~~~~

Whiskers on kittens--kittens are just so dang cute whiskers and all
~~~~

Bright copper kettles--Paula Deen cookware—love the color
~~~~

Warm woolen mittens--absolutely.. love anything that keeps me warm
~~~~

Brown paper packages tied up with strings--delivered by my UPS driver
~~~~

Cream colored ponies---always have and always will love  horses.. cream or otherwise
~~~~

Crisp apple strudels--I’ll have apple pie please in Greensburg, IN.
~~~~

Doorbells and sleigh bells ---just sleigh bells for me… I need some in my house
~~~~

Schnitzel with noodles---pasta with burnt butter and mizithra cheese……oh yum
                                                                             ~~~~

Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings--We only have Canada geese
                          and they leave way too much behind if you know what I mean…
                  I’ll take the moon on a moonlight cruise on the River Seine
~~~~

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes--hmmmm…not a dress kind of
                  girl anymore...great jeans, a LL Bean top plus a fabulous scarf.    
~~~~

Snowflakes that stay on my nose & eyelashes--only if I have the warm woolen  
                                                                                         mittesn and a hat
~~~~
                                      
Silver white winters that melt into springs---oh yes……a lush green spring...
     that’s when I feel earthshakenly (pretty sure that isn’t a word) renewed
                                               .

Can I please sing my version from the hilltop and twirl like Maria did in Austria?
I know, I know the song is sung inside the castle but I want to be on the hilltop!
~As you can tell I am longing for another European Adventure~
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment